Welcome to a new segment on my blog dedicated to food. Am no master chef and I have never been taught to cook so bear with me. I just mix and match, try and error until it tastes nice. You can imagine how many times I threw away a pot of sadza mbodza. hahah.
Anyway todays meal is one of my favourite and easiest of all. Am trying to lose weight so chicken breast have been my best friend lately. So here is how to make it.
- 2 chicken breasts
- bell peppers of your choice
- button mushrooms
- soy sauce
- black pepper
- cooking oil.
- So first you wanna cut all your produce. This is how I like to cut my greens. Its not special, its just how I like it.
- You wanna start with sautéing your mushrooms because mushrooms take a little longer to cook than the other produce. Then you add the onions and bell peppers and continue to sauté
- Remove contents from the pot and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, let it heat up then add the chicken. The trick here is to stir the chicken quickly so that it wont stick to the pot. Stir until the chicken strips are well cooked to your liking. Then add the bell papers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli and cauliflower. Stir for a while until the broccoli and cauliflower are well cooked and remove from pot.
- Now in the same pot you add 2 tablespoons of honey, 1/4 cup of soy sauce and 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and let it boil for 2 minutes or more. You can add more honey or soy sauce if you are preparing more chicken or you just want it to be more saucy. Add the stir-fry and stir.
I tried some Zimbabwean products and I can say am very impressed by them. This Homestyle company has all the sauce you can ever want and are priced reasonably. Yes to proudly Zimbabwean products.
- And you are done. You can stir until the soy sauce and water has been absorbed but I like to leave the sauce. I chose a healthy side of brown rice and this serves two.
Hope you liked this post. Feel free to comment on how you cook your stir-fry for a sweet and sour taste.