Hey there guys. Todays food post comes from Miss Gamu Zelda’s kitchen. She is an awesome cook and you can check out her blog here, her Instagram pages here and here. I cant wait to make this for real.
Its me again with another recipe, exciting right ? When I made these meat balls I was thinking Italian and what is a meat ball dish without pasta, so obviously I saved these with pasta. You can also save them with Garlic Bread and sadza (staple food in Zimbabwe) as well ( whatever you like), there should be no rules to how a person should enjoy his/her meal.
500g Ground Meat
Garlic 3 cloves
Teaspoon crushed Ginger
Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper
Maggie Mix Bolognese (powder)
A little flour and an egg to bind the mixture
Chili powder, curry powder and any spice of your choice
Red Wine (optional
- In a bowl add Ground meat(beef & pork), salt and pepper, dried parsley, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper (optional) ,crushed ginger ,garlic powder, ground Coriander, curry powder, an egg to bind everything together and thoroughly mix.
- Cut mozzarella into cubes, just enough for the hole, these have to be sealed inside each meat ball (heaven when you cut these open ).With a tablespoon (25g ) take a portion of the meat and roll into a ball. Make a hole in the centre and put a cube of mozzarella, roll again making sure everything is intact.
- It is time to fry the meat balls, first roll them in flour (just a little) , heat olive oil in a saucepan and place the meat balls in a clockwise direction so it will be easier for you to ensure that each one of them is thoroughly cooked. You want to be gentle with this making sure that the meat is not separated while cooking. Your fat has to be hot. .
- For the sauce, Place the meat balls in a prepared casserole dish (grease with a teaspoon of olive oil, not too much ) With the remaining oil in the saucepan fry onions with a little chopped garlic, add a can tomatoes and 2 tablespoons tomato paste. Do not forget to add salt and pepper to taste ( since the meat balls have some already be careful not to go overboard).
- Simmer for about 15 minutes till tomatoes are thoroughly cooked and add red wine, Maggie Bolognese powder, oregano, chili powder and cook a bit until thick.
- When the sauce is ready , pour over the meat balls and throw the casserole dish in the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes in the oven till you have got a nice brownish colour going on.
It is time to serve think pasta, garlic bread a glass of red wine and whatever does it for you ..:Hope you try this …